What is an internship?
Internships are an excellent way to learn English while also acquiring some of the necessary skills and tools for success in your future working life.
On our internship program you would work as a volunteer in the afternoon in a charity organisation with Irish people speaking English all the time. It is an excellent opportunity to improve your communication, listening and speaking skills.
Programme A: combines 15 hours English classes with 20 hours volunteering in a retail outlet.
Programme B: combines 10 hours English classes with 35 hours volunteering in an I.T. environment.
Programme C: Full internship course with a choice of the following:
- PR & Marketing
- Social Work
- NGOs & Non-Profit
- IT & Computer Science
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Hair & Beauty
What is included in an internship?
Interactive career development workshop focusing on various skills to get the most out of your internship both during the program and after its completion. After the student has reached a good level of work experience and English-speaking, we can help the student to find a fully paid job. We can help them to prepare a CV and with their work experience and good level of English, the student will, with our help, get a paid job in Ireland.
The programme includes the following:
- English classes: A & B only. We give you the material, you don’t need to buy a book.
- You are provided with quality housing, social and cultural events, professional career training, and full-time local support from LAI. All aspects of our program are designed to enhance your professional and personal development and to allow you to experience our wonderful Irish culture and business opportunities in a secure and safe manor.
- Placement test, course material and certifitate
- Airport transfers
- Host family half board in single bedroom
- Leap Card with €50
- Full support from LAI during your stay